[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Apr 12 07:57:08 EDT 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:50:21 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Am 11.04.2010 00:21, schrieb Chris Brannon:
> > The stat following cryptsetup is different than the stat at the
> > start of process_filesystem.  In the first stat, you'll see
> > that /dev/mapper/cryptoroot is a block device.  It is at inode 7872.
> > The second stat shows that /dev/mapper/cryptoroot is a symlink, and
> > it is at inode 7949.
>
> /dev/mapper/ devices should NEVER be block devices. They should ONLY
> be created by udev and should ALWAYS be symbolic links to /dev/dm-*
> block devices. This is true for all type of device-mapper devices, be
> it cryptsetup, lvm or dmraid:

that's true, but test -b should exit(0) on them.
aif has a [ -b /dev/mapper/.. ] check which fails, causing aif to
abort.
and we don't know why. we only see that the file looks fine after aif
has crashed (okay. a bit later, see my previous mail), and when we put
debugging into aif the error does not happen.

Would be great if you could help us out because
we're both clueless :)