[arch-releng] base group

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Apr 14 03:31:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:53:30 +0300, Roman Kyrylych
<roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> So I've installed the latest installer image today,
> and one of the first things that caught my eye was
> that there are way too many packages in the base group.
>
> Though many packages were removed from the base group,
> the change was applied without a rebuild (i.e. SVN only),
> so packages that didn't have an update since that time
> still are in the base group, and thus in the installer's list.
>
> Can the base group package list in the installer
> be updated to include only the packages that are in the base
> group in SVN?

svn trunk isn't a reliable base for anything. The process of cleaning up
the base group hasn't been finished yet. So, if you think that is important
enough we should "fix" that issue on the package level. Btw: a lot of
packages have been rebuild since the iso was created.