[arch-releng] base group

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Apr 14 07:11:15 EDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:31:09 +0200
Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:

> svn trunk isn't a reliable base for anything. The process of cleaning
> up the base group hasn't been finished yet. So, if you think that is
> important enough we should "fix" that issue on the package level.
> Btw: a lot of packages have been rebuild since the iso was created.

I agree with Pierre.
Currently aif calls pacman to query which packages are in
which group and so on. It's a simple and clean design, and I want to
keep this approach.

on the subject of cleaning base, there's also
this pending AIF feature request that will allow to clean base even
more.
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18495