[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:19:46 EDT 2010

Sending from my phone, so I apologize for the top posting.

Last night I did a real install on a spare laptop using this ISO. It was
ordinary and vanilla, but everything was happy and nice.

My biggest issues were with regard to wireless.

A) There's nothing for wireless networking in the network section. That'd be
nice
B) wpa_supplicant.conf would be a good config to add to the list,
considering we're trying to enforce using that
C) Auto configuring of rc.conf treats wireless interfaces as ethernet.

None of these are really bugs. More like feature requests, I guess.

And one other thing unrelated to wireless:
If I didn't edit mkinitcpio.conf, there's no need to generate the initramfs
again in the config section. Perhaps md5sum the config files before and
after editing to see if a given action is necessary?

Cheers, and sorry again for the top post,
Aaron