[arch-releng] 2010.04.05 snapshots ready for testing

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Apr 16 09:29:02 EDT 2010

Am Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:14:48 -0500
schrieb Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>:

> Well, a tool in netcfg for wireless configuration is necessary, but
> AIF shouldn't treat wireless interfaces the same as wired interfaces.

And what about people, who haven't got a wired internet connection but
only a wireless one? They rely on the possibility to configure a
wireless network connection during installation.

Wireless tools probably don't need to be in the base group but it must
be possible to install and configure them during installation and
preferably in AIF.

And consider that there are as far as I know different WLAN chips which
need different drivers and tools.

Heiko