[arch-releng] does anyone ever use the font selection dialog in "km"?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Aug 27 19:24:59 EDT 2010

Am Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:43:03 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:

> Since when do umlauts need a special font? I never used anything but
> the built-in default font and always saw them. That said, I always
> skip the font selection, too.

Ok, umlauts are in the default font. But I knew there was an issue with
the default font. Admittedly it's not important for installation but
the default font has no Euro sign.

Because of this and because I need - of course not during the
installation - a font with cyrillic support, because I've got a few
files with cyrillic file names, I needed to search a font which
supports all of this at one time. And there are not so many of them.
Actually I found only two or three.

Probably because I'm used to these fonts I automatically change the
font in km, too.

For installation the default font should be sufficient at least for
people who are using only latin characters.

Heiko