[arch-releng] does anyone ever use the font selection dialog in "km"?

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Aug 28 16:59:38 EDT 2010

Am Sat, 28 Aug 2010 01:24:59 +0200
schrieb Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:

> For installation the default font should be sufficient at least for
> people who are using only latin characters.

The font selection is also important for installation, because AIF sets
KEYMAP and CONSOLEFONT in rc.conf automatically to the in km chosen
keymap and font.

So I still vote for keeping the font selection in km. For people who
are satisfied with the default font it's only two keypresses to skip
this part, everyone else would need to press more keys to run a
separate font selection tool. And you would need to write and maintain
two instead of only one tool. So what's more KISS? ;-)

Heiko