[arch-releng] Archiso and fromiso boot option

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Dec 1 02:27:24 CET 2010

On 11/12/2010 03:04 PM, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Aaron Griffin<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Baurzhan,
>>
>> The arch-releng list was created for archiso/aif/installation related
>> things. I've forwarded this mail there, but it is public, so you are
>> free to join it.
>>
>> Cheers, and sorry for the late response
>>
>> - Aaron
> Well, silly me. I only send the email to the ML, and not the original sender :)
>
> Here ya go

I get the idea but adapt them using a different scheme:

* First and most important using mount hooks handler so main archiso
hook is not touched at all.
* Make to work with copytoram option.
* Make to work with by-label
* Use a img_dev= and img_loop parameters instead of strange
"fromiso=/dev/sdNM/the_img.iso". This also allows to place in any directory.

See here [#1] for the RFC patch

[#1]
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2010-December/001280.html

--