[arch-releng] new testbuilds
dieter at plaetinck.be
Sat Dec 18 17:12:02 EST 2010
a quick rundown of recent changes:
* several aif bugfixes and improvements, mostly related to packages,
filesystems, partitioning, font,keymap,editor selection, more robust
checking if packages got installed properly, improved example
configs for automatic profile, etc.
* aif usability enhancements:
- several nicer menu's in various places
- package selection shows package info when you hover over it (note
there's a small bug that causes packages to be ordered incorrectly,
fixed in git but not worth rebuilding for). if you want the new
(built from git, btrfs branch)
* inclusion of nilfs and btrfs utilities, and support in aif.
aif nilfs support should just work. aif has rudimental btrfs support,
* a whole bunch of archiso changes by Gerardo
(remove joe, new directory layout, squashfs support -although I
don't know how this affects the images -, ..)
* libui-sh bugfixes
* dual images using split profile.
here is the roadmap for the next
it doesn't include stuff like gpt or wireless support, because i have
my hands more then full already.
I would appreciate it if people can give this a testrun and report
feedback. maybe even contribute patches.. everything should work nicely,
except btrfs. and nilfs and btrfs utilities can't get installed to the
target system. and initscripts needs a nilfs patch before that can
work properly too.
More information about the arch-releng