[arch-releng] new testbuilds

Sven-Hendrik Haase sh at lutzhaase.com
Sat Dec 18 18:31:54 EST 2010

On 18.12.2010 23:12, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> http://build.archlinux.org/isos/2010.12.18/
>
> a quick rundown of recent changes:
>
> * several aif bugfixes and improvements, mostly related to packages,
>   filesystems, partitioning, font,keymap,editor selection, more robust
>   checking if packages got installed properly,  improved example
>   configs for automatic profile, etc.
>
> * aif usability enhancements:
> - several nicer menu's in various places
> - package selection shows package info when you hover over it (note
>   there's a small bug that causes packages to be ordered incorrectly,
>   fixed in git but not worth rebuilding for). if you want the new
>   package:
>   http://build.archlinux.org/repos/releng-any/aif-2010.04.18-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
>   (built from git, btrfs branch)
>
> * inclusion of nilfs and btrfs utilities, and support in aif.
>   aif nilfs support should just work.  aif has rudimental btrfs support,
>   but untested.
> * a whole bunch of archiso changes by Gerardo
>   (remove joe, new directory layout, squashfs support -although I
>   don't know how this affects the images -, ..)
> * libui-sh bugfixes
> * dual images using split profile.
>
> here is the roadmap for the next
> official release.
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/roadmap/proj6
> it doesn't include stuff like gpt or wireless support, because i have
> my hands more then full already.
>
> I would appreciate it if people can give this a testrun and report
> feedback. maybe even contribute patches.. everything should work nicely,
> except btrfs. and nilfs and btrfs utilities can't get installed to the
> target system.  and initscripts needs a nilfs patch before that can
> work properly too.
>
> Dieter

After a short and fairly standard test with netinstall-dual in a
virtualbox, trying to install x86_64 I was presented with a "OPERATING
SYSTEM MISSING" message. Apparently grub hasn't been installed? I set up
/boot (ext2) and / (ext4) as well as swap. I installed base and
base-devel and left the rest of the configuration fairly untouched.

I don't have time to investigate further. This was just a heads-up.

-- Sven-Hendrik