[arch-releng] automated iso builds

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 10 16:56:58 EST 2010

On 02/10/2010 06:09 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> can you bundle your replies/thoughts in 1 mail?
> makes things easier to follow and reply to.
>
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:29:15 -0300
> Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi<vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar>  wrote:
>

>>> Applying this patch solves the issue :)
>>>
>>> http://squashfs.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/squashfs/squashfs/squashfs-tools/mksquashfs.c?r1=1.141&r2=1.142
>>>

>>> Opening a bug report in FS ;)
>>>

>> Done: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18277
>>

> any ETA on a new squashfs release? maybe we should give them some time
> instead of patching ourself. although it looks like they don't release
> very often and this patch is a few months old.

What is ETA? The patch does not look bad and solves the issue. Seems
that release of squashfs-tools are a bit slow:
4.0 2009/04
3.4 2008/08
3.0 2006/03

More info about bug report here:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=87k529zp8f.fsf%40macbook.be.48ers.dk

>> Rare, the steps I done (I ran just now, with latest
>> mkinitcpio-0.5.99.5-1):
>>
> what do you mean with rare?

weird, but now I understand ...

>> # enable [testing] on pacman.conf and enable some mirror in mirrorlist
>> pacman -Syu # now pacman will prompt about replaces klibc-*
>>
> okay so I need testing.  I guess i'll just wait a bit for the new
> mkinitcpio to appear in core.

I guessed that you have enabled [testing] at all (on your enviroment and
on iso) in reference to this:

On 02/09/2010 06:28 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
 > i built this experimental isolinux image (with testing repo enabled!),

Latest git of archiso requires "mkinitcpio-0.6" from testing (by error,
Aaron merge my "experimental" branch instead of "djgera") [#1]
otherwise you need to reset to commit a2f6841c so can build against
current [core].

[#1]
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2010-February/000807.html

--