[arch-releng] A TODO draft for next installation media.

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 11 14:29:34 EST 2010

On 02/06/2010 11:23 AM, Sven-Hendrik Haase wrote:
> On 05.02.2010 06:50, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>> Hello
>> I am writing a kind of draft of things that I think that should be 
>> kept in mind for the next release:
>> * Release archiso (2010.02) with the current [core],  the previous 
>> intent was for 2009.12. (I guess this will be the last release with 
>> mkinitcpio based on klibc)
>> * Merge the all pending changes to archiso from Svenstaro [#1]
>> * Merge the all pending changes to archiso from me [#2]
>> * Make an updated aif package with latest fixes.
>> * Make all four hybrid ISO images core-{i686,x86_64} and 
>> net-{i686,x86_64} (images for testing)
>> * Update the very very old "archiso" package in extra at this point.
>> * ISOs should be uploaded after KDE SC 4.4 hits extra to avoid mirror 
>> issues.
>> * Any other things? Please add it.
>> I recently builded an "archiso-2010.02" on i686 without any issues, 
>> boot fine on KVM in both modes (as disk and as cdrom).
>> When all this is done, a branch ""kill-klibc"" can be created in 
>> archiso, for working with new mkinitcpio 0.6. (I made some testings 
>> here, with a trivial patch [#3] [#4]).
>> Also a dual-arch ISO can be started for next archiso release.
>> All comments are welcomed. Good luck!
> Good list! I agree to every point.
Good :)
> So basically the only thing we have to do is wait until KDE 4.4 
> releases since everything else is done?
Maybe now wait for mkinitcpio-0.6 hit [core] (when I wrote this TODO, 
mkinitcpio was alpha, but the progress was fast in last days).
> Is there an existing bug report on the dual architecture stuff?
I think that dual, will be for next release, there is nothing finished 
for that.

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi ( djgera )
KeyID: 0x1B8C330D
Key fingerprint = 0CAA D5D4 CD85 4434 A219  76ED 39AB 221B 1B8C 330D

More information about the arch-releng mailing list