[arch-releng] automated iso builds

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Feb 18 16:02:43 EST 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:17:36 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> On 02/17/2010 06:50 PM, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:

> > fwiw.
> > I built a new image
> > http://build.archlinux.org/isos/archlinux-2010.02.17-netinstall-i686.iso
> > I updated the chroot again (mkinitcpio 0.6.2-1), built the image
> > without having testing enabled, but the problem is the same as last
> > time. (/dev/archiso did not appear in 30s)
> >
> > Dieter
> >

> Hi, I downloaded and tested.
> Again the same problem archiso.img is build with old mkinitcpio (not
> in repos anymore) and new archiso hook.
> Are you sure that your enviroment is up-to-date? Also root-image.sqfs
> is build with out-of-date packages. Mirror is up-to-date?

okay. the problem was an old work dir. i cleaned it up and rebuilt
images and now they boot.

new core and netinstall iso's at http://build.archlinux.org/isos/

i tried running `aif -p automatic
-c /usr/share/aif/examples/fancy-install-on-sda` but ran into the
following issues:

1)
all filesystems get created but after the supposedly mounting of them,
when i check with df, i see:
df: /mnt/boot: no such file or directory
df: /mnt/home: no such file or directory

a bit later it shows them all of the same size, ie they are all
pointing to the same filesystem (/mnt, which is the root LV)

2) transient resolver errors

3) booting fails (no bootable media found)

i guess some stuff has changed with device naming, how cryptsetup works
or whatever.
anyway, that's about all the time i have for today. until next time.