[arch-releng] archiso

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 1 20:54:23 EDT 2010

  On 07/01/2010 06:57 PM, Pascal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using archiso: very good job!
Oh yes works very well, but is not my job, I am just a eventually
contributor.
> When you do an
> apropos something
> in the iso, there's no result...
> So in my makefile there's a
> chroot $(WORKDIR)/root-image /usr/bin/mandb -qc
>
> May be directly in archiso...

That is true.
But there is one issue with iso images sizes (core-dual.iso)

1) current (2010.05) official media is 659MB, so addding
"1.7MB+compression" is not an issue.
2) current (today generated images 2010.07.01) is 702MB!. Size is over
2MB of the allowed limit for a CD-ROM, adding more data become a problem++.

Anyway if big size is a problem for next iso, I think that dual images
need to be generated with archiso2dual "-T split" instead of (like now)
"-T basic"

(man-db -qc can be run inside the live environment, just take about 1
minute)

CC: to arch-releng to notify about space issue for next snapshot images.

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1