[arch-releng] Iso tests

Tom Willemsen tom.willemsen at archlinux.us
Wed Apr 27 16:54:53 EDT 2011

Hey Guys,

On 20 Apr 20:32, Dan McGee wrote:
> Tom, two things- I'd like all new parts to use South migrations, so if
> you could go ahead and generate the initial migration for this new
> app, that would be awesome. Take a look at the docs if you aren't sure
> what I'm talking about.

Wow, I'd heard about south and noticed you were using it, but I had no
idea what it did, awesome stuff...

> Second thing is- wondering if you could rebase your work on the latest
> code. You branched quite a while ago and I'd prefer one line of clean
> code that applies nicely, as it is a lot easier to follow. Something
> like "git rebase master <mybranch>" should do the trick. It would also
> be great if you could use "git rebase -i" or any other tricks to
> squash fixup commits into the proper commit where that work originally
> belonged.

Another one of git's nice features, it was interesting to work with
"git rebase -i", I did have to "git push --force" afterwards, though, so
I don't exactly know how that will affect repositories that have been
cloned before I did that, but I imagine it will make a big mess of
things.

> * vim modeline on all files, like all existing files please.
> * import statements: I try to do the following, with a blank line
> between each, in this order: python, django, our app
> * http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/ needs to be in the config file-
> default in settings.py is fine, but it can't be hardcoded.
> * "class(foo): pass" doesn't fly with me, I don't care how compact it
> is. Just use the normal three lines so changing it later isn't a P in
> the A.

All done.

I've also, as you (Dan) asked, removed the sgmllib.SGMLParser and
replaced it with HTMLParser.HTMLParser, way easier than I had expected
it to be.

Let me know what should be done next, please.

Tom