[arch-releng] Iso tests

Tom Willemsen tom.willemsen at archlinux.us
Fri Apr 29 14:27:04 EDT 2011

On 29 Apr 09:48, Dan McGee wrote:
> It's live, here is the direct link:
> http://www.archlinux.org/releng/feedback/
>
> Things I'm allowed to say after sinking significant time into this yesterday.
> * Never ever rename an application halfway through again and then
> commit significant change after. That make for a rebase/rework hell,
> as the name rtf was a total no-go in my mind.
> * I squashed a lot of stuff together, and reworked a lot of commits.
> * Follow the style, please- all of your html was different indentation
> than our existing templates (2 vs. 4 spaces). I redid all of this.
> * There was no prose anywhere. I added a bunch, patches welcome if it is wrong.
> * If you have duplicate code in a Django template, you are doing it
> wrong. I'm still not totally happy with what I came up with to fix
> this due to the rollback vs. non-rollback stuff, but see this, noting
> the add/delete count:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/archweb.git/commit/?id=1ff9c0fc5db1aab393eed5751e94ed8ac127c0c2
> * If I can fuzz generated URLs and get the webapp to throw a 500, that
> is no good- I get emails for all of those. You need to be a lot more
> careful in sanity checking those things and returning 404s in most
> cases. http://projects.archlinux.org/archweb.git/diff/isotests/views.py?id=1ff9c0fc5
> * You totally misunderstood my comments regarding use of "pass"- I
> didn't say don't use it, I said please don't do a one-line class. So I
> reverted all of that backout.
>
> I'm sure this will see some more work once we get actual results.
>
> -Dan

Wow that's massive.
I've read through the commits you made after mine, you seem to have
fixed pretty much everything I thought I still needed to have a look at.
I'm sorry I created so much extra work for you.

So what is expected of me now? Do I work from this and send patches and
such for people's (Yours, Dieter's) requests? Do you want me to butt
out?

I don't really know what to do with this.