[arch-releng] Iso tests

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:44:12 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Tom Willemsen
<tom.willemsen at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On 29 Apr 09:48, Dan McGee wrote:
>> It's live, here is the direct link:
>> http://www.archlinux.org/releng/feedback/
>>
>> Things I'm allowed to say after sinking significant time into this yesterday.
>> * Never ever rename an application halfway through again and then
>> commit significant change after. That make for a rebase/rework hell,
>> as the name rtf was a total no-go in my mind.
>> * I squashed a lot of stuff together, and reworked a lot of commits.
>> * Follow the style, please- all of your html was different indentation
>> than our existing templates (2 vs. 4 spaces). I redid all of this.
>> * There was no prose anywhere. I added a bunch, patches welcome if it is wrong.
>> * If you have duplicate code in a Django template, you are doing it
>> wrong. I'm still not totally happy with what I came up with to fix
>> this due to the rollback vs. non-rollback stuff, but see this, noting
>> the add/delete count:
>> http://projects.archlinux.org/archweb.git/commit/?id=1ff9c0fc5db1aab393eed5751e94ed8ac127c0c2
>> * If I can fuzz generated URLs and get the webapp to throw a 500, that
>> is no good- I get emails for all of those. You need to be a lot more
>> careful in sanity checking those things and returning 404s in most
>> cases. http://projects.archlinux.org/archweb.git/diff/isotests/views.py?id=1ff9c0fc5
>> * You totally misunderstood my comments regarding use of "pass"- I
>> didn't say don't use it, I said please don't do a one-line class. So I
>> reverted all of that backout.
>>
>> I'm sure this will see some more work once we get actual results.
>>
>> -Dan
>
> Wow that's massive.
> I've read through the commits you made after mine, you seem to have
> fixed pretty much everything I thought I still needed to have a look at.
> I'm sorry I created so much extra work for you.
Don't worry about it- if I was actually mad I would have let you do
it. :) I just wanted to get it to a point where I was satisfied with
merging it.

> So what is expected of me now? Do I work from this and send patches and
> such for people's (Yours, Dieter's) requests? Do you want me to butt
> out?
No, definitely stay involved. Work from the latest master and just
submit patches to the releng list, or directly to me and I'll work at
getting them incorporated as quickly as necessary.

-Dan