[arch-releng] Package wishes

Karol Blazewicz karol.blazewicz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:41:17 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wish the following packages were included on the Live CD:
> htop
> iotop
> gptfdisk
> nethack
>
> And possibly even:
> diakonos (from AUR)
>
> If any of these has previously been suggested and rejected, please
> disregard the accompanying wish.
>
> Tucos on IRC told me "Pozzi, the archiso guy" was the one to ask
> regarding wishes for new packages on the CD.
> (Via this mailing list, if I did not misunderstand him completely).
>
> Cheers,
>   Alexander Rødseth
>   (xyproto on IRC / trontonic on AUR)

You can create your own iso and include the packages you want.
Packages from AUR won't be included in the official iso and I don't
think games are necessary.

There are also space constraints:
- iotop needs python and it's a rather big package.
- gptfdisk needs icu, another big package.

top is included (procps package), so htop is not absolutely necessary