[arch-releng] news about new installation media question

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Wed Aug 24 05:12:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:57:14 +0000
Drak Dragon <drak.dragon.drak at gmail.com> wrote:

> (...)
> In the Grub config file,
> there were still old values in lines "kernel" and "initrd", so I
> retype them to new ones.
>
> When I reboot PC after installation, everything seemed OK, but in
> announcement there were something about broken installation. Should I
> have to worry (...)?

You should not worry about a thing.
You were very careful and checked the actual filenames of initramfs/kernel and fixed the
bootloader config.  That's all that is needed. Your system is fine.
Most people however are not this careful and won't update their bootloader config,
yielding a broken system.  (it shouldn't be needed to be this careful,
the installer should do the right thing, i.e. it was my job to fix this in new images)