[arch-releng] Christmas Release?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Thu Dec 15 05:26:30 EST 2011

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 23:09:22 -0300
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi <vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> On 12/14/2011 09:09 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> > I am not sure what happened in AIF, but archiso has seen some
> > improvements. Should we push out a Christmas Release with the
> > latest stuff?
> >
> > Once the pacman 4/signing stuff is finished and in core, tweaks to
> > AIF will be needed which will probably delay another release, so
> > better do one now, before that happens.
> >
> > What do you guys think?
> >

> Sounds good. At least we have two major features from end-user-pov in
> archiso: persistence and http/nfs in pxe (plus much more
> pxe-easy-setup)

I thought the signing stuff is getting close now?
I would just do one new release that brings all archiso improvements along with a few aif fixes and the signing stuff.
as for what's on the plate for AIF, check out:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do=index&project=6&status[]=open
esp. the things labeled critical and high should be taken care of.

also, what needs to be first? pacman4/signing stuff in core, or new release? i thought we needed an archiso release with the signing stuff enabled before we could move pacman4/signing stuff to core.  but i'm not sure why.