[arch-releng] [test iso 2011.01.09] testing results

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:45:13 EST 2011

I have decided to test the iso since I heard testing is at an all time low.

I have filed 3 bugs from my experience so far:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22427
FS#22427 - [test iso 2011.01.09] aif fails to ask for mountpoint when
creating btrfs partition.
This really was the blocker for me because it didn't mount a /
partition, so I was unable to install correctly.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22428
FS#22428 - [test iso 2011.01.09] aif package selection should be
sorted more naturally.
This issue is more of a human interface bug. I'm just requesting the
reorganization of a list, otherwise, there are no problems with it.

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22429
FS#22429 - [test iso 2011.01.09] aif during install truncates target list.
Though this isn't really necessary, I would like to see the full list
of targets rather then the first 3 packages (out of 100) displayed on
a single line.

My overall experience with the iso was pleasant, though it definitely
needs more work on the btrfs side.

I would like to thank Dieter and any other devs that are actively
working on getting the next iso out the door.