[arch-releng] grub2 and uefi support in aif

KESHAV P.R. skodabenz at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:48:07 EST 2011

Hi all,
         I want to hack into AIF (and maybe archiso) to add support
for grub2 and uefi support to it. I might borrow some code from
tpowa's archboot, atleast for the uefi related stuff since i added
that support (to archboot). I need help in the form of implementing
GPT and grub2 BIOS support to AIF since that is a prerequisite to
enable uefi support in aif. I am not so familiar with lvm, raid and
all such complex stuff that require checking (as currently done by
archboot's /arch/setup script) while insallation of grub2 bios but i
can help in gpt booting related stuff and uefi support. The first
problem i am facing is to find out which file to edit - in archboot
everything was concentrated at /arch/setup, but in AIF it seems to be
split up into multiple files. Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Keshav