[arch-releng] New ISO?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun Mar 13 17:26:35 EDT 2011

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 17:21:37 -0400
Matthew Gyurgyik <pyther at pyther.net> wrote:

> On 03/13/2011 05:05 PM, Heiko Baums wrote:
> > It seems it has been done some work at the ISO. So I just wanted to ask
> > if there's a new version of the ISO? In the download section there's
> > still 2010.05 which is almost a year old.
> >
> > Heiko
> Dieter has setup a system where automatic developmental builds get
> created every couple of days. http://releng.archlinux.org/isos/
>
> I believe the idea is that we will use these builds to select "stable"
> builds and do away with the current release system.

the plan is to indeed promote some images now and then to official releases.
but in order to do that reliably, we need to have reasonable quality indications of testing images.
this is where the new webapp comes in Tom is working on.
(http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-releng/2011-March/001555.html)

as soon as we can put that webapp in production, people can start testing and giving feedback. as soon as that shows we have a good set of images, we're good to go.