[arch-releng] our core-dual images are too big

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Sun May 15 12:45:46 EDT 2011

On Sun, 15 May 2011 11:09:02 -0500
Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> > On Fri, 06 May 2011 15:28:29 +0200
> > Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:

> >> I wont got into details here but putting split packages into different
> >> repos is a "wont implement". It's more a limitation of how we use svn
> >> and the repos. There was a thread about the details on the mailing list.
> >
> > I can't find that thread. Where exactly was this discussed?
> > I understand this is probably hard to fix, on the other hand:
> > 1) this is a violation of what the core repository is for (and we had a very
> > extensive discussion on that recently). see
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Official_repositories#.5Bcore.5D
> > 2) it makes the core repo bigger than it should be, which makes my job harder.

Hi Dan,

> since you seem to think it is so trivial to implement-
I actually said the exact opposite. Maybe you should read what I said first.

> Pierre clearly stated why we aren't able to do this at this time
He only referred to a prior discussion which I could not find back, so I asked for the link.

> being told our work isn't good enough really sucks the fun out of it. (blah blah blah)
> Not to sound like an ass,

putting words I didn't say in my mouth and flaming me does make you sound like one.

I guess it can sometimes be hard to interpret the intention behind my (or anyone elses) e-mails,
which can have caused a misunderstanding.  Either way bad-mouthing anyone was not my intention.