[arch-releng] our core-dual images are too big

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:08:12 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2011 11:09:02 -0500
> Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
>> since you seem to think it is so trivial to implement-
> I actually said the exact opposite. Maybe you should read what I said first.
I'll eat crow here on this one, I apologize. Looking back at it, I
missed your "I understand this is probably hard to fix, on the other
hand" line. Sorry about that.

>> Pierre clearly stated why we aren't able to do this at this time
> He only referred to a prior discussion which I could not find back, so I asked for the link.
>
>> being told our work isn't good enough really sucks the fun out of it. (blah blah blah)
>> Not to sound like an ass,
>
> putting words I didn't say in my mouth and flaming me does make you sound like one.
>
> I guess it can sometimes be hard to interpret the intention behind my (or anyone elses) e-mails,
> which can have caused a misunderstanding.  Either way bad-mouthing anyone was not my intention.
I think it just comes down to an attitude misunderstanding, so I
apologize. I got a bit worked up when your email ended with "which
makes my job harder", which just rubs me the wrong way- we all do work
around here, and saying that makes it sound like it isn't focused
correctly in your eyes as it isn't doing enough to serve your
purposes.

I will make sure I fully read your emails from here on out and not
interpret them as carrying malicious intent, but I do also encourage
you to watch the way you put things- it can come across as very
demeaning of other peoples efforts.

-Dan