[arch-releng] anyone wants to take over maintainership of AIF?

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 08:21:45 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 02:26:39 -0400
> Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Reading and modifying AIF's codebase has so far been pretty enlightening
>> in various ways, I'm still working out how to best go about the type of
>> restructuring it seems to be in need of -- one of the major difficulties
>> is that it's hard to test, at least with the resources I have on hand.
>
> it's very useful to have a computer that has hardware virtualisation support,
> so you can test in virtualbox or qemu-kvm.

I was using virtualbox, and actually just switched over to qemu-kvm
just last night. It's still what I would call "hard" to test,
partially from the length of time it takes to run an install, and
partially due to me being spoiled by automatic testing tools :P

> anyway, i wanted to do "transfer ownership" in github, but it complains because
> "jdodds/aif already exists"
> so i'ld suggest you remove your aif repo on github (of course keep your commits locally so you don't loose anything), then i'll transfer ownership.

Done. I'll do my best to take good care of AIF.

  -- Jeremiah