[arch-releng] anyone wants to take over maintainership of AIF?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Tue Aug 7 11:45:57 EDT 2012

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 08:21:45 -0400
Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
> > On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 02:26:39 -0400
> > Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Reading and modifying AIF's codebase has so far been pretty enlightening
> >> in various ways, I'm still working out how to best go about the type of
> >> restructuring it seems to be in need of -- one of the major difficulties
> >> is that it's hard to test, at least with the resources I have on hand.
> >
> > it's very useful to have a computer that has hardware virtualisation support,
> > so you can test in virtualbox or qemu-kvm.
> >

> I was using virtualbox, and actually just switched over to qemu-kvm
> just last night. It's still what I would call "hard" to test,
> partially from the length of time it takes to run an install, and
> partially due to me being spoiled by automatic testing tools :P

welcome to my world.
although for some things you can just run aif on your regular computer;
and/or source its libraries (from an interactive bash shell) to check for syntax errors or try out functions.

> > anyway, i wanted to do "transfer ownership" in github, but it complains because
> > "jdodds/aif already exists"
> > so i'ld suggest you remove your aif repo on github (of course keep your commits locally so you don't loose anything), then i'll transfer ownership.
>
> Done. I'll do my best to take good care of AIF.

i requested the transfer with github. good luck, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch, i'll try to provide feedback where I can (but you can take it in the direction you want)