[arch-releng] [RFC] [archiso] Use a pure systemd enviroment

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Aug 19 15:15:16 EDT 2012

On 08/19/2012 01:10 AM, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 12:57:15AM -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>> * rewrite automatic_script to work with systemd or completelly in automatic login shell.
>> * research how to avoid systemd to stop archiso mounted filesystem and leave all the work
>>    to our special shutdown script in initramfs
>>    (just works, but shows lots of resource busy at shutdown)
> Just to save you some time on this second point, I asked for this
> feature upstream and was turned down. If you're going to find a way
> around this, think dirty ;)
>
> /also played with systemd on archiso today

Other thing I need to test better is boot with PXE with NBD of NFS
(since these are persistent, no copytoram is done by default).

1) DHCP is requested again on real-root. I guess, is most cases, there
is no issues since is re-assigned the same IP address. (this bug
introduced recently since rc.conf enabled "network")
Solutions:
a) If this happens suggest the to the user use copytoram=y
b) Use copytoram=y in NBD/NFS by default (this is always done for HTTP),
user can change this behaviour.
c) Disable DHCP service from relevant hooks.

2) Stopping network on shutdown, if network is stopped before reach
shutdown-initramfs againt this does not look good.
Solutions:
a) See how to skip network on shutdown.
b) Same point (1.b)

--