[arch-releng] archiso rebuild

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jan 5 09:09:16 EST 2012

On 01/05/2012 04:27 AM, gt wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> I asked this question on arch-general, but was referred here. Anyway,
> here's the original mail.

Hello!

> I was wondering if there is a way to rebuild a custom live disc, using
> archiso, without having to download all the packages over again.
If you talk about using existing ISO and rebuild them, the answer is no,
at least not directly. You need to do things in manual way, and you need
to understand how archiso works to unpack and re-create it.
> The problem is that after making a few changes to the configuration,
> mainly inside root-image directory, i want to rebuild the iso.
What profile are you using?

are you talk about "source" root-image or "target" root-image
(work/$arch/root-image)?

> But, running build.sh says that everything is up-to-date. Alternatively,
> i tried removing the root squashfs file, and ran build.sh again. But, it
> started downloading ~500MB of packages all over again :(
When you want to repeat some step (functions in build.sh(, must remove
the corresponding "lock" file inside "work/$arch/build.FUNCNAME".

> I'll probably have to do some more fine tuning before finalising the
> iso, and i don't want this to repeat itself.

All customizations should go to build.sh:make_customize_root_image().

> Please help.

I recommend to see how build.sh works from both profiles (baseline and
releng). In baseline, this is the most simple way to build a new
"archiso", second shows how official releng are build, customizing
"root-image" and doing other things like splitting root-image.sfs, etc...

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1