[arch-releng] archiso rebuild

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jan 5 10:22:48 EST 2012

On 01/05/2012 12:11 PM, gt wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 11:09:16AM -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>> If you talk about using existing ISO and rebuild them, the answer is no,
>> at least not directly. You need to do things in manual way, and you need
>> to understand how archiso works to unpack and re-create it.
> I mainly want that the packages ./build.sh downloads, are retained in a
> permanent cache. I am fine with rebuilding all the squashfs files, and
> not reusing the existing iso.
>
> > From what i see, after downloading and extracting the packages, build.sh
> removes the packages from the pacman cache directory.
>
> Alternatively, can it use the chroot environment's pacman cache?
pacman cache (from host) is used in chroot with a bind mount (when using
mkarchroot).

So for example, if you are building a 32-bit iso in 64-bit host, all
32-bit pkgs will be downloaded on /var/cache/pacman/pkg from host. Of
course this is not an issue ;)
> I am using the releng method, as specified on the wiki. Maybe the wiki
> needs a bit of more detailed info.
Yes, contributions are welcomed :)
> Thanks for all the explanation.

Good Luck!