[arch-releng] Helping with AIF

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:49:30 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would also like to help out with AIF. How about we try to
collaborate on something, Jeremiah?

The last couple of days, I've started working on "acu":
https://github.com/xyproto/acu
And created a webpage for submitting and browsing "machine
configuration bundles": http://www.roboticoverlords.org/

This is all work in progress and not in any way "officially blessed",
but my aspiration is that it might be some day.

My main idea is that if the installation process issplit into
"personal configuration, like keyboard and timezone", "machine
configuration bundles, crafted per type of computer setup" and
installation-specific instructions like partition and network
settings, the installations would be simpler and cost less work
(especially for experienced users).

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Rødseth