[arch-releng] next snapshot: 2012.10

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Oct 3 10:12:24 EDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 10:54 AM, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 02:37:52AM -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> This is a list of user-view-changes from archiso side:
>> * New packages: xl2tpd, refind-efi-x86_64, gummiboot-efi,
>> fsarchiver, mc, partclone, partimage, testdisk
>> * Re-added pkgs: sudo, wget
>> * Simplified steps to make an USB PC-EFI from ISO
>> * Usage of gummiboot for fancy menu when booting in EFI mode.
>> * The /script/ boot parameter works again (really really now!)
>>
>> * systemd (PENDING) [ready for merge to master] I want to do this,
>> otherwise there is no user feedback.
> Is there anything we can do to unroll the rats' nest of squashfs loops
> to avoid the spammy mess at shutdown?
There is no way to disable this cleanup-loop in systemd. This loop is
only disabled when running inside a container [#1].
Maybe we can submit to upstream a patch that in some way, we can
instruct to systemd to skip this logic. For example if some files are
found on /run/initramfs like "skip_loop_detach" "skip_dm_detach"

If you look at Fedora Live-CD, you can see similar shutdown messages.

[#1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/src/core/shutdown.c#n184

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi