[arch-releng] next snapshot: 2012.10

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed Oct 3 10:26:00 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 11:12:24AM -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> On 10/03/2012 10:54 AM, Dave Reisner wrote:
> >On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 02:37:52AM -0300, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> >>Hello
> >>
> >>This is a list of user-view-changes from archiso side:
> >>* New packages: xl2tpd, refind-efi-x86_64, gummiboot-efi,
> >>fsarchiver, mc, partclone, partimage, testdisk
> >>* Re-added pkgs: sudo, wget
> >>* Simplified steps to make an USB PC-EFI from ISO
> >>* Usage of gummiboot for fancy menu when booting in EFI mode.
> >>* The /script/ boot parameter works again (really really now!)
> >>
> >>* systemd (PENDING) [ready for merge to master] I want to do this,
> >>otherwise there is no user feedback.
> >Is there anything we can do to unroll the rats' nest of squashfs loops
> >to avoid the spammy mess at shutdown?
> There is no way to disable this cleanup-loop in systemd. This loop

It's obviously not a deal breaker since it's R/O loops on an equally R/O
media, but my point wasn't to fix this in systemd. We have squashes
inside squashes (inside squashes?). It really doesn't seem necessary,
and other liveCDs don't have such complex "requirements". Can you
explain why this setup is needed/wanted?

> is only disabled when running inside a container [#1].
> Maybe we can submit to upstream a patch that in some way, we can
> instruct to systemd to skip this logic. For example if some files
> are found on /run/initramfs like "skip_loop_detach" "skip_dm_detach"

I've already gone down this road, and it's a dead end.

> If you look at Fedora Live-CD, you can see similar shutdown messages.

Lucky for us, we aren't Fedora =)