[arch-releng] archiso with cowfile_size > 100

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Aug 29 09:27:34 EDT 2013

Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> on Thu, 2013/08/29 15:22:
> Hello everybody,
>
> actually cowfile_size is limited to values smaller or equal to 100. That way
> you have to decide at iso build time what size your filesystems should have.
>
> I have added a feature to allow values bigger than 100: In this case the
> read only device is linearly assembled with a sparse file (we do not have
> to care about size on disk as no write go to this file), this device is
> used for read only device then. After chroot (or when the system has bootet
> up) you can grow your filesystem to the new size.
>
> Growing the filesystem in initramfs would be possible, but we would have to
> add userspace utilities (resize2fs, xfs_growfs, ...) there...
>
> The patch is attached. What do you think?

Hmm, anything stripped my patch... (That's why the signature in invalid...)

So I simply uploaded it:
http://www.eworm.de/download/linux/archiso_growfs.patch
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)