[arch-releng] archiso with cowfile_size > 100

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Thu Aug 29 09:22:39 EDT 2013

Hello everybody,

actually cowfile_size is limited to values smaller or equal to 100. That way
you have to decide at iso build time what size your filesystems should have.

I have added a feature to allow values bigger than 100: In this case the read
only device is linearly assembled with a sparse file (we do not have to care
about size on disk as no write go to this file), this device is used for read
only device then. After chroot (or when the system has bootet up) you can
grow your filesystem to the new size.

Growing the filesystem in initramfs would be possible, but we would have to
add userspace utilities (resize2fs, xfs_growfs, ...) there...

The patch is attached. What do you think?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)