[arch-releng] ISO 2014.11.01: installing packages may cause system failure

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue Nov 11 07:07:18 UTC 2014

Peter Mattern <matternp at arcor.de> on Mon, 2014/11/10 21:22:
> I had forgotten to connect ISO 2014.*11* to the VM back again.
>
> Now it's exactly as you supposed. With cowsize_file set to 2g the very
> same packages that triggered the behaviour can be installed, the number
> of packages that can be installed before the issue comes up increases
> when cowfile_size gets increased, all this applies to both hardware and VM.
>
> So I guess you'll consider this a feature, not a bug, in particular as
> the problem doesn't affect the ISO's actual purpose but only arises if
> it's "misused" as ordinary live media (which is something I for one
> pretty much like to do for testing purposes...)? Or is there any way to
> have the file's size adjusted automatically corresponding to available
> resources?

This is the corresponding change in archiso:

https://projects.archlinux.org/archiso.git/commit/?id=edfdd37ba00bcb51e293f1aae2aac3a679076406

Not sure why this has been changed.

I do build my own customized live media, so I do not care that much. ;)
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)