[arch-releng] ISO 2014.11.01: installing packages may cause system failure

Peter Mattern matternp at arcor.de
Mon Nov 10 20:22:29 UTC 2014

I had forgotten to connect ISO 2014.*11* to the VM back again.

Now it's exactly as you supposed. With cowsize_file set to 2g the very
same packages that triggered the behaviour can be installed, the number
of packages that can be installed before the issue comes up increases
when cowfile_size gets increased, all this applies to both hardware and VM.

So I guess you'll consider this a feature, not a bug, in particular as
the problem doesn't affect the ISO's actual purpose but only arises if
it's "misused" as ordinary live media (which is something I for one
pretty much like to do for testing purposes...)? Or is there any way to
have the file's size adjusted automatically corresponding to available
resources?