[arch-releng] archiso moved to gitlab

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Fri May 29 21:37:44 UTC 2020

Hi all!

Some of you might have noticed over the past weeks, that some of Arch
Linux' projects are starting to migrate to our own gitlab instance [1].

Although we are not entirely done with opening our gitlab instance to
the outside world yet [2], we have decided that now is as good as any
time to move archiso and other projects over.

Earlier this year I have decided to pick up this project, as it is in
dire need of a new maintainer/ team. Development has been relatively
slow over the past months (due to work and probably also due to this
generally weird situation we're all in ;-) ).

The repo can now be found at:
https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/archiso

I have started adding tickets for the existing tickets in flyspray (as I
plan on completely discarding the flyspray tracker for archiso) and for
some of the issues that have been raised on the mailing list since
August.
For a few I have already added merge requests and I plan on releasing a
new version of archiso this weekend, due to some breaking changes to
some of the components in use.

My general plan is to from now on only work with the merge request and
milestone system that gitlab offers and combine it with gitlab's CI
(that still proves to be a bit of a tough cookie for unprivileged docker
due to the various mounts required during build).

All in all I think that as soon as we are able to open the instance up
to the public for good this will be a much more transparent workflow for
all of us.

Best,
David

[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org