[arch-security] strange netstat connections after having opened Firefox

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Fri Dec 4 22:46:08 UTC 2015

ok; fine to know Remi; then there was already everything good with the
configuration Jonathan had recommended me! (Qwant will have been there
because of the search machine status bar)

However what I would find really interesting are the remaining servers
that there was a connection to when the '100% CPU fan' bug hit my
machine. I really did nothing at all when it heated up that much; - and
the desktop search should not have caused that, I would at least believe.

Elmar

P.S.: By the way which name server did you use for reverse lookup, Remi?
208.67.222.222 (OpenDNS server) did not do that for me in case of the
Qwant search engine; even sites like ping.eu do not succeed in the
reverse lookup of the 194.187.168.xx addresses.