[aur-dev] AUR Release 1.5.0

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 19 03:43:54 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 09:17:12AM +0100, Ben Dibbens wrote:
> Alright, some other things: (ohh critic is so easy :)
> -the column names don't have spaces, and therefor crank up to each other
> which gives reading difficulties:
> Package Listing
> Location CategoryName     VotesVotedNotify     Description     Maintainer
> -searches are order specific... so for example a "game 3d" search returns no
> results...
>
> I don't mean to criticize your work (and I know I am), so much as I just
> want to let you know what springs in my mind what could be nice things to
> have in any future releases... and I don't know really how difficult this
> would be.
> I feel this release is going to be very enjoyable, the changes, layout, new
> features are greatly appreciated!

Indeed, thanks for the input... we generally have a shortage of it, so
it's appreciated. Positive and negative input are both motivating, and
we certainly need that.

I should also pitch the learning opportunity for you here. If you're
interested in web design at all, you could try to fiddle with these
things yourself and contribute some code, while learning a lot in the
process. Although if that's not quite your thing, no worries, input is
cool on its own too ;)

-S

PS: In some corners of the internet, top posting will get you dirty
looks. Lucky we're nice people around here :)