[aur-dev] AUR Release 1.5.0

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 19 03:57:19 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:13:29PM -0800, eliott wrote:
> On 2/18/08, Loui <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry for not testing until now heh but I got this error:
> > PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function json_encode() in
> > /home/louipc/devel/git/aur/web/lib/aurjson.class.php on line 72
> >
> > Solution:
> > add "extension=json.so" to /etc/php/php.ini
> >
> > Why the heck are all these extensions which are by default bundled
> > compiled as shared?
> >
> > (sorry the archlinux php build has been giving me headaches today)
>
> yeah. I had forgotten to add that to the arch server too, until just a
> few minutes ago.
> Thanks for the reminder.

That is not our only problem with the json interface. Namely, the info()
method doesn't work at all due to a slight coding error in patching
together the query string.

I made the necessary changes and put them in testing already:
e3d5bd40a32b2421197b392add824d328c99d817
cccd21922904d4d56230301bdf9de4e98d9673f9

I also changed the search method to behave the same way the AUR's web
interface does, although I think the fulltext search may be superior, it
can't search for parts of words which may be a drawback depending on who
you ask.

-S