[aur-dev] AUR 1.5.1 Released

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 23:39:30 EDT 2008

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 04:26:50 -0500
Simo Leone <simo at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 03:59:50AM -0500, Simo Leone wrote:
> > That's right folks, the "quick" release that wasn't so quick after all.
> > Terribly sorry about the delay, school is like having one of those
> > cartooney iron balls chained to your leg.

Looks good.

> And of course, what do we do now?
>
> Well for starters, most of this list is still undone,
> http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2008-February/000159.html
>
> I'm going to start knocking items off of there one at a time, I'm
> thinking that that list being mostly done is a pretty good marker for
> the next release.

One thing I'd add to that list is to make the JSON search function as
powerful as the web form search function. So being able to get major
stats right from the search (pkgname, version, description, category,
etc), and being able to narrow searches by category, maintainer etc.

I'm maintaining aurbuild right now and there isn't a compelling reason
to switch to the JSON because it doesn't offer quite enough
functionality.

> After those few surface changes and a new release are done I'd like to
> dig in and start overhauling a few components or pages per release.
> Let's make the AUR lighter, faster, and easier to code.

Oh definitely.