[aur-dev] AUR 1.5.1 Released

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 23 05:26:50 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 03:59:50AM -0500, Simo Leone wrote:
> That's right folks, the "quick" release that wasn't so quick after all.
> Terribly sorry about the delay, school is like having one of those
> cartooney iron balls chained to your leg.
>
> Nothing too special to see, miscellaneous updates and some bug fixes.
> Some speed improvements on the search page, and the JSON interface
> should work now *poke poke* json client authors.

And of more interest to the devel list... I screwed up the testing tree
a little bit in the process, no harm done though, I'll try not to rebase
it in the future if I can avoid it. The master tree will _never_ be
rebased, and wasn't tonight.

And of course, what do we do now?

Well for starters, most of this list is still undone,
http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-dev/2008-February/000159.html

I'm going to start knocking items off of there one at a time, I'm
thinking that that list being mostly done is a pretty good marker for
the next release.
After those few surface changes and a new release are done I'd like to
dig in and start overhauling a few components or pages per release.
Let's make the AUR lighter, faster, and easier to code.

-S