[aur-dev] fwd: AUR PKGBUILD files and web searches

Simo Leone simo at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 6 11:27:26 EDT 2008

I'm forwarding this to aur-dev, as it's come up before and I want to
gather current opinions on it. A couple thoughts that come to my mind
are that spam harvesters won't honor robots.txt anyway, and in the past
people sort of agreed that by uploading a pkgbuild, you probably should
have noticed the fact that it's google searchable before you did it, and
taken countermeasures yourself.

Opinions?
-S

----- Forwarded message from Tom Wizetek <mailadmin at wizetek.com> -----