[aur-dev] Embed AUR on other website

Sebastian Nowicki sebnow at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:01:37 EST 2009

On 03/03/2009, at 5:50 PM, Cilyan Olowen wrote:

> What about a simple code to retreive a backup of the SQL tables
> containing packages informations ? That would do like mirroring the
> AUR website (without user informations), a little bit like it is for
> the other repositories.

What's the point? This would only lead to unnecessary duplication and
maintenance problems.

> Or let's make things in large, set up a Pacman User Repositories
> (PUR(e?)) that merges the efforts of some distributions using pacman
> (that's a little utopist, I think).

I don't see how this would work. Each distribution would likely
require their own repository anyway. If the distributions aren't
different and don't require different packages, then what's the point
of the distribution itself?

There's no problem with setting up another AUR. As far as I know it's
portable and does not depend on the Archlinux website. However,
duplicating data seems unnecessary and would only create problems.