[aur-dev] small translation problem

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 21:27:43 EDT 2010

On Fri 24 Sep 2010 21:31 +0200, PyroPeter wrote:
> On 09/24/2010 06:47 PM, Stefan Husmann wrote:
> >You got me wrong here, I guess. "Paket hochladen" is completely okay for
> >a button with which you can upload a package. But if you want to make a
> >comment and submit it, the button is also named "Paket hochladen", and
> >here you do not upload a package but a comment. My patch i just fixing that.
>
> Indeed, there seems to be a misunderstanding. (Probably caused by my
> limited English skills)
>
> My main point was the following: The AUR's translation system does not
> distinguish between upload-package and upload-comment. (In English,
> both buttons are labeled "Submit".) This makes it hard to translate
> this buttons, as the German translation should use different labels
> for the two buttons.

Hmm. Are there any translation systems that do that?
If that's ever implemented it would be good to follow some kind of
standard. Generally I don't think it would be possible without changing
the text in the source.

I would say to just try and make the translation as close as possible
without getting too specific about the meaning. Also Abschicken is a
cool word.