[aur-dev] Some optimization patches

elij elij.mx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:20:55 EDT 2011

My apologies for splitting these changes into so many patches, but
apparently the Arch mailman instance will not let anything larger
than 40k though (and I got feedback that there is something amiss
regarding the mailman setup -- this is here nor there though).

These patches are mostly optimizations for content delivery.
- merge css into fewer files to reduce number of files. this makes for faster
  end user delivery as there are fewer http requests (fewer tcp connections,
  whether the response is 200/ok or 304/not-modified).
- created minimized versions of css. this reduced css size by 3.3K (24%) the
  originals are retained for ease of editing and reference
- split out ie6 css into a separate file, and use 'conditional stylesheet
  inclusion' so that only ie6 fetches that stylesheet.
- optimize logo png file -- this was a 22% (1K)