[aur-dev] Adding the HE language.

Lukas Fleischer archlinux at cryptocrack.de
Sat Feb 12 07:34:13 EST 2011

Wow, I finally found some time to rebase and review all those patches...

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 04:51:03PM +0200, PyroPeter wrote:
> I am now splitting the commit into smaller ones.
> Attached are the first four patches:
> 0001. 00e497a pkg_search_results: rewrite of page navigation

I have to admit that I don't really like that way of pagination. It just
feels odd and counter-intuitive imho. Right now, we have "First",
"Prev", "Next" and "Last" buttons as well as pages adjacent to the
current one. If you want to find a package that you remember to start
with the letter "r" and to contain the string "and" somewhere in the
package description, typing that into the search criteria and browsing
all results is not the right way to do it. The proper way to allow users
to search for such packages is to provide more powerful search criteria,
which is something we're already working on. Also, if we'd want to
implement something like that, I'd prefer some kind of binary search.
That might, in fact, be interesting :)

Moving parts of the paging stuff to "pkgfuncts.inc" makes sense tho.
I'll probably extract this from the patch.

> 0002. b65a5a3 pkg_search_results: increase size of links in
>               page-navigation

I'm not sure about this. I've never heard any gripes about that links
being too small. Is there any feature request concerning this?

> 0003. df02d42 pkg_search_results: replace blind-table with
>               floating div's

Basically sounds like a good idea. I'll look into that!

> 0004. 76a874a Right-to-left written languages now supported

Basically looks ok, except that you revert some previous bug fixes.
Also, where's that "css/languages.css" that you link to in the new
header template?

Thanks for your contributions!