[aur-dev] Some issues after installing AUR locally

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:25:58 EST 2012

Done: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/32986

> The URL routing backend currently needs PATH_INFO to work correctly.
> If it's not properly passed to PHP, you'll get this error.

But how can I set this? Adding a RewriteRule solved this issue, though.

>> 2) http://aur/packages/, aur/register/, and aur/login/ are not
>> available (though packages.php is). Should I set some option in my
>> config files?
>
> This is connected to your first issue. I'm guessing you have
> $USE_VIRTUAL_URLS in web/lib/config.inc.php set to true, but aren't
> actually rewriting any of your URLs? Make sure you enable mod_rewrite
> to use that functionality. I'm not sure the exact config options in
> Apache, but I use the following rule in lighttpd:
>
> url.rewrite = ( "^(.*)$" => "/index.php/$1" )

I added an .htaccess file containing:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^(?!index\.php/.*)(.*)$ /index.php/$1

The (?!index\.php/.*) part is necessary to avoid looping.

BTW, the PATH_INFO message disappeared after I added this file.

> You could also just set $USE_VIRTUAL_URLS to false and navigate using
> the legacy pages packages.php, account.php, etc... Although I would
> recommend using rewriting to get a closer match of how the actual AUR
> behaves now.

Indeed. Shouldn't this .htaccess file be included in the AUR? Or in INSTALL?

>> 3) Now http://aur and http://localhost point to the same page (the AUR
>> home page). Is there a method to be able to point http://localhost
>> back to /srv/http (without losing http://aur)?
>
> I'm not an expert on this but I believe you can just have another
> vhost. Have a <VirtualHost localhost:80></VirtualHost> block with all
> the appropriate info and DocumentRoot pointing to "/srv/http" instead
> of what aur points to.

Not entirely. I had to add

<VirtualHost *:80>
  Servername    localhost
  DocumentRoot  /srv/http
</VirtualHost>

and change the line <VirtualHost aur:80> to <VirtualHost *:80>. I
think this last change should be added to INSTALL.

Regards, Marcel