[aur-dev] Some issues after installing AUR locally

canyonknight canyonknight at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 14:24:03 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Marcel Korpel <marcel.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After following the instructions and giving Apache access to my home
> directory, I managed to go to the local AUR home page. However, apart
> from not having dummy data, I have some issues:

Could you please open a bug report on the tracker for the dummy data
generation issue [1]? It looks like unicode characters in the seed
file are causing your issues.

> 1) There's a message above the page saying "Notice: Undefined index:
> PATH_INFO in /home/mk/archdev/aur/web/html/index.php on line 7". I
> checked with a php_info() command and it's indeed not present.

The URL routing backend currently needs PATH_INFO to work correctly.
If it's not properly passed to PHP, you'll get this error.

> 2) http://aur/packages/, aur/register/, and aur/login/ are not
> available (though packages.php is). Should I set some option in my
> config files?

This is connected to your first issue. I'm guessing you have
$USE_VIRTUAL_URLS in web/lib/config.inc.php set to true, but aren't
actually rewriting any of your URLs? Make sure you enable mod_rewrite
to use that functionality. I'm not sure the exact config options in
Apache, but I use the following rule in lighttpd:

url.rewrite = ( "^(.*)$" => "/index.php/$1" )

You could also just set $USE_VIRTUAL_URLS to false and navigate using
the legacy pages packages.php, account.php, etc... Although I would
recommend using rewriting to get a closer match of how the actual AUR
behaves now.

> 3) Now http://aur and http://localhost point to the same page (the AUR
> home page). Is there a method to be able to point http://localhost
> back to /srv/http (without losing http://aur)?

I'm not an expert on this but I believe you can just have another
vhost. Have a <VirtualHost localhost:80></VirtualHost> block with all
the appropriate info and DocumentRoot pointing to "/srv/http" instead
of what aur points to. Also make sure you have NameVirtualHost set
correctly. There are docs that have examples that can give you more
precise information [2].

Sorry you've had some issues getting the AUR installed. Installation
can be a bit tricky and the docs aren't overly explicit. Let me know
if you need more help!

Regards,

Jason

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/index/proj2